So Blogging… not my thing. Or maybe I’m just not very good at finishing projects after I start them. I have several blog topics to write for craft projects I’ve undertaken, but I have yet to find the time to write the posts. Some day.
Anyway, I’ll get back into it with a post about my latest kitchen concoction: Chicken Pot Pie Puffs. I love making finger food. I believe that any dish can be turned into a tasty one- or two-bite version. Proof of this are my Pizza Cups, which have become my husband’s favorite meal. (Another blog post for another day.) I thought “chicken pot pie is good” and decided to make it into a finger food. So here goes:
Chicken Pot Pie Puffs
Makes about 14 regular muffin-sized cups
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon chicken bouillon
1 cup hot water
3/4 cup milk
2 cups chicken, cooked & chopped
6 oz frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 can crescent rolls
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and add flour, salt and pepper. Cook on low heat, stirring often, until bubbly.
- Whisk in bouillon, water and milk until dissolved, then cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until boiling.
- Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in chicken and vegetables. Set aside.
- Open crescent rolls (keep rolled up) and slice the roll into 14 rounds. On a lightly floured surface, gently roll each round until it is about 4-5 inches in diameter and large enough to line a regular-sized muffin cup.
- Pre-bake the crescent roll cups at 375 degrees for about 3-4 minutes. (I didn’t do this step and they came out a bit doughy on the bottom when the cups were brown on top, so I would recommend it.)
- Spoon the chicken and vegetable mixture into the crescent roll cups, filling completely. (I used a small cookie scoop and it took about 1 1/2 scoops per cup.)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until the crescent roll cups are browned. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes for the filling to cool and set. Serve warm.
Hope you enjoy! More cooking, crafts and home projects to come!